Tuesday 18 June 2013

A year ago

A year ago my husband and I were in a chapel, making promises to each other that will last for the rest of our lives. A year later and we are in a very different place, but just as much in love.

Photo by Julius Zieleniecki
 Here are some of the things that have happened to us in the past year.

We were both in our friends' wedding, a month after we'd been married.  These friends were also in our wedding party and it was wonderful to share their day with them in this way.  

Photo by Julius Zieleniecki
 We went to CV, our first camp/conference as a married couple and we stayed in a tent together.  It was also the first time we'd put up a tent together (in the rain and fierce wind I might add!).  

My husband directed CE-SU Kid's Camp and I was a Pastoral Care leader, both of us in these roles for the first time on this camp. 

We decided where to go for Bible college, which meant moving interstate with all our furniture and an over-packed car.  Seriously, we could barely see out the back window, it was bad.

We started at a new church together.  Both there and at college, people know us as a couple and met us together.  I really like this. 

I re-learnt how to drive a manual car under my husband's tutelage.  I'm still scared of driving it here because of all the hills (hill starts, ahh!), but I'm getting in practice by driving on Sunday mornings to and/or from church when the streets are a little quieter. 

My husband gave me my first bunch of red roses for our anniversary.  Aren't they beautiful?

   

2 comments:

  1. I can smell the roses from here, they are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a good catch that J

    ReplyDelete